Security Guard Job Description
Action provides services to various industries such as Oil and Gas, Forestry, Mining, and Private Sector.
All of Action’s Security Guards possess a valid security license.
The primary purpose of all security duties is to be vigilant and report all suspicious activities so as to protect facilities from acts of vandalism or trespassing. This presence will act as a deterrent to any subjects of ill will towards our customer’s assets.
All persons entering the site will be challenged and required to satisfy the security guard that they have authority to be at that site. All pertinent information regarding such personnel will be recorded for submission with a daily shift report required at the termination of the shift. These challenges to visitors will be conducted in a professional, firm, yet congenial manner.
- Provide surveillance of that site to ensure that no unauthorized personnel gains entry
- Keep detailed records of all activities at the detailed site and submit these documents at the end of shift to company supervisor
- Report all suspicious activities
- Ensure emergency transportation plan is completed
- Confirm communication equipment is fully operational
- Complete all appropriate documentation when arriving on any job-site
- Ensure all appropriate documentation is completed to W.C.B. standards
- Complete site sign ins, company orientations and Hazard Assessments as assigned
- Follow all federal and provincial health and safety regulations
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment at all times on the job site
- Demonstrate safe and courteous driving techniques
- Ensure security vehicle is fully functional
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Security License
- Basic Security Training Level I and II
- Valid class 5 (or better) driver’s license
- Clean drivers abstract
At Action Health and Safety Services we pride ourselves on an integrity based communication with a personalized touch. Our aim is to be flexible with our staff to promote a healthy work life balance. If this opportunity interests you please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org