Q- What qualifications do I need to work for Action Health and Safety?

A- Everyone who works for Action must have the following:

  • valid and current First Aid Level 1 certificate from approved Worksafe BC training provider
  • valid and current H2S Alive certificate from Enform training provider
  • Valid class 5 (or better) driver’s license
  • Clean drivers abstract

In addition, specific jobs require the following at a minimum:


  • If you are from BC, a valid and current Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) license with IV Endorsement
  • If you are from another province, you need your provincial license and have an approved Paramedic In Industry (PII) certificate


  • Valid and current Occupational First Aid Level III (OFA3) certificate from approved Worksafe BC training provider
  • Experience in the Oil and Gas sector

Safety and Security Coordinator:

  • Experience in health and safety
  • Experience in the Oil and Gas sector
  • Education from a recognized college or university

Security Guard:

  • Valid and current Security License from the Ministry of Public Safety and the Solicitor General

Q- Where is the dispatch point for jobs with Action Health and Safety?

A- All field staff are dispatched from Dawson Creek, BC.

Q- Who pays for transportation to and from the dispatch points?

A- You are responsible for costs incurred in reaching the dispatch point.

Q- If I arrive early for the job or have to stay a day or two after the job ends, is there somewhere I can stay?

A- We have a fully equipped staff house that you can use at no cost.

Q- What can I expect for camp living?

A- When living in a camp, you have to provide your own personal items, hygiene products and your safety equipment. You are provided with a living area and depending on the camp, food may be included. If you have to provide your own food, you will receive a living out allowance (LOA). Some locations provide a completely self-contained trailer for you to live in.

Q- What is the job rotation?

A- We schedule jobs with a 2- or 3-week rotation, while camp jobs have no rotations of less than 7-days.

Q- How does the pay work?

A- The typical work day is 12-hours; 8 hours at regular time and 4 hours at time and a half. As rates change based on your qualifications and experience, it is best to call in for our current rates.

Back to Careers Page

Offices in:
Fort St. John, Dawson Creek,
Pouce Coupe, Buick (BRFN)
ISNetworld Member Contractor ComplyWorks Enform COR