Paramedic Job Description:
All Action paramedics are qualified to Primary Care Paramedic (PCP) or higher.
Candidates have the necessary level of both experience and certifications for the position.
Our paramedics work within the scope of practice and have advanced care protocols that include: pain management, cardiac arrest, diabetic shock and anaphylaxis. Working in this capacity our paramedics are able to provide patient care from the accident site directly to tertiary care while providing the highest quality of service available in Northern BC.
We provide services to various industries such as Oil and Gas, Forestry, Mining, and Private Sector.
- Ensure all medical equipment is inspected, certified and ready for an emergency
- Provide care to workers who are injured or become ill at work
- Assess the severity of an emergency and decide what treatment is appropriate
- Administer appropriate treatment and package for the ambulance
- Ensure emergency transportation plan is completed
- Confirm communication equipment is fully operational
- Complete all appropriate documentation when arriving on any job-site
- Ensure all appropriate documentation is completed to W.C.B. standards
- Complete site sign ins, company orientations and Hazard Assessments as assigned
- Follow all federal and provincial health and safety regulations
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment at all times on the job site
- Remain current with treatment protocols reviewing the corporate handbook weekly
- Demonstrate safe and courteous driving techniques
- Ensure vehicle and MTC is fully functional
- Other duties as assigned
- Primary Care Paramedic with IV endorsement in BC/ Emergency Medical Technician in AB
- H2S Alive
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Clean drivers abstract
At Action Health and Safety Services we pride ourselves on an integrity based communication with a personalized touch. Our aim is to be flexible with our staff to promote a healthy work life balance. If this opportunity interests you please submit your resume to email@example.com