Medic Job Description
Action provides services to various industries such as Oil and Gas, Forestry, Mining, and Private Sector.
Candidates have the necessary level of both experience and certifications for the position.
Action Medics/OFA3s/First Aid Attendants ensure that all first aid equipment is ready for a first aid emergency, provide care for people who are injured or become ill at work, assess the seriousness of an emergency and decide what treatment is necessary to reduce pain, prevent infection or keep the patient alive until the ambulance arrives.
- Ensure all medical equipment is inspected, certified and ready for an emergency
- Provide care to workers who are injured or become ill at work
- Assess the severity of an emergency and decide what treatment is appropriate
- Administer appropriate treatment and package for the ambulance
- Ensure emergency transportation plan is completed
- Confirm communication equipment is fully operational
- Complete all appropriate documentation when arriving on any job-site
- Ensure all appropriate documentation is completed to W.C.B. standards
- Complete site sign ins, company orientations and Hazard Assessments as assigned
- Follow all federal and provincial health and safety regulations
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment at all times on the job site
- Remain current with treatment protocols reviewing the corporate handbook weekly
- Demonstrate safe and courteous driving techniques
- Ensure vehicle and MTC is fully functional
- Other duties as assigned
- Occupational First Aid Level III (OFA3)/ Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Valid H2S Alive
- Valid class 5 (or better) driver’s license
- Clean drivers abstract
At Action Health and Safety Services we pride ourselves on an integrity based communication with a personalized touch. Our aim is to be flexible with our staff to promote a healthy work life balance. If this opportunity interests you please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org